Werk With Us
Odyssey Beerwerks, located in Arvada, is an established packaging brewery with a large taproom, frequent events, a loyal following, and tremendous potential to grow our taproom audience. We’re looking for an experienced server with extensive knowledge of craft beer, an event management background, a kick-ass attitude, and a drive to improve the Taproom experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work at least three (3) shifts behind the bar/in the taproom as a Beertender, pouring and serving beer, interacting with customers, opening and closing, cleaning, etc., etc., etc.
- Assist in management of Taproom, including but not limited to:
- Help plan, coordinate, and execute recurring and special events
- Set up kegs for the week and weekend
- Manage food truck schedule
- Maintain inventory of all taproom supplies, snacks, etc.
- General upkeep and maintenance of Taproom
- Develop ways to enhance customer experience and increase sales
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience serving or bartending, preferably in a taproom setting
- Working knowledge of craft beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- TIPs or ServSafe Certification
- Welcoming/friendly personality who loves people – all kinds of people!
- Event planning and coordination experience
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to move kegs around in the cold room
- Great sense of humor, appreciation for a variety of music, and sense of fun!
- Beertender Rate and Hours:
$9.30/hour + Tips
Three (3) Shifts/week, approximately 20-24 hours/week
- Assistant Taproom Rate and Hours:
Approximately 16–20 hours/week
- Combined roles above = Full Time Hourly Position, not to exceed 40 hours/week
The person hired will have an immediate impact on the success of Odyssey Beerwerks with potential for growth! Interested and qualified candidates must submit resume and cover letter explaining why you have what we need (and vice versa) to with the subject line “Lead Beertender.” Failure to submit all requested information will result in elimination from consideration of this position.